[CLUE-Talk] MSN finally running Windows

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Oct 31 13:35:32 MST 2002

On 10-28 13:48, grant wrote:
> homepages.msn.com finally switched from Solaris to Windows 2000 server.
> The most interesting part (read dogfood) is that their average uptimes
> changed from th high 140's under Solaris to less than 4 under Win 2K.  Id
> MSN can't keep the thing running for more than 4 days at a time, then how
> are the rest of us supposed to have a chance?  The data is courtesy of
> Netcraft.

Are there any good links to this story?

I saw (forget where) someone with a .sig that said: "IIS is to webserving
like KFC is to healthy eating". :)

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
There are no facts, only interpretations.
-Friedrich Nietzsche, "Nachlass"