[CLUE-Talk] "The best known of these projects is Linux . . . "

charlie oriez coriez at oriez.org
Thu Sep 5 22:02:49 MDT 2002

On Thursday 05 September 2002 09:41 pm, bill ehlert wrote:
>   from today's New York Times:
>
> Governments around the world, afraid that
> Microsoft has become too powerful in critical
> software markets, have begun
> working to ensure an alternative.
>
> More than two dozen countries in Asia, Europe and
> Latin America, including China and Germany, are

(snippage happens)

I have in the past seen articles about a linux initiative in the Mexican
school system which bogged down when they ran short of experienced sysadmins.

If anyone has current info I'd appreciate it.  I just promised a professional
group that covers Juarez plus El Paso that I'd see what was going on.

Anyone know of an El Paso LUG?

Charles Oriez, coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"If the Bush administration thinks they've got 11 of our 12
points in their energy plan, then Arthur Andersen must be
checking their math." --Carl Pope, Sierra Club Executive Director