[CLUE-Talk] The RedHat Bus Tour

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Sep 17 14:21:15 MDT 2002

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:13:33 -0600 (MDT)
Randy Arabie <rrarabie at arabie.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Jed S. Baer wrote:
>
> > Don't know how many of you get "Under the Brim", RedHat's monthly
> > e-zine. They have some interesting programs going on, and maybe some
> > CLUEbies would be interested.
> >
> > UNDER THE BRIM CONTEST 36: MAKE IT STOP
> > Now, UTB Contest 36: We're looking for LUGs (Linux User Groups) or
> > schools(universities preferred) to be featured stops on our tour.
> > We'll bring with us computers running the latest Red Hat technology,
> > goodies bearing our logo, and a nothing's-gonna-stop-us-now mentality
> > honed from forced viewings of all 11 seasons of MTV's Road Rules.
> >
> > To enter, compose an email telling us where you are and why we should
> > stop there, and then send it immediately to: feedback at redhat.com
> > Subject line: MAKE IT STOP
> >
> > Prize: Of course, *first* prize is the Red Hat bus stopping at your
> > LUG or school.
> Certainly would be cool to have the bus drop by a CLUE meeting.  Are to
> all submitt our own entry, or will there be come collaboration?

I don't know. Maybe multiple entries for each LUG helps? Or hurts? But
with John Hamilton's edu work, combined with the kickoff of the IT Sam's
(that's a contraction, not a possessive ;-) linux advocacy, (plus what
else?), we might have a pretty good submission (that is, if John wants to
throw in with us - and I got his name right - memory is the first thing to
go ;-).

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5