[CLUE-Talk] would like to try Linux

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Sun Sep 22 21:42:49 MDT 2002

1) There is an InstallFest on October 12th, see the CLUE website
(http://CLUE.denver.co.us) for details.

2) The next Linux Fun-da-mentals is October 2nd.  You can ask questions,
get CDs, and install help there.  See http://bille.cudenver.edu/calendar
or http://clue.denver.co.us for details.  As the facilitator, I should
have a page up by now, but I don't.  Soon...

3) The next CLUE meeting is October 8th.  You can meet helpful people
and learn things there.

What are the stats on the machine you're thinking about using?

Let me concur with Tim Klein that Knoppix is a great, almost painless
way to try Linux, but with the caveat that Knoppix, due to it's
compressed-on-CD-ness, is slower than any regular distribution will be.
I'll be happy to burn you a Knoppix CD which you can get from me at any
of the aforementioned events.

Or, I can burn you RedHat CDs for a regular install, or Jeff can give
you Slack, or Lynn can give you SuSE.  Whatever distro you pick, there's
probably a geek at CLUE that will burn it for you for the pleasure of
helping you install it.  :-)

--
David Willson
This message was composed and sent using truly free software on a truly