[CLUE-Talk] would like to try Linux

bill ehlert bill_ehlert_lists at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 01:13:27 MDT 2002

--- Walter Hildebrandt <hildy at totalspeed.net>
wrote:
> I would like to learn how to get and use Linux
> for word processing, spreadsheets, and the
> Internet.  The files must be interchangeable
> between Linux and Microsoft,Word and Excel.

    <snip>

**  until you got to that last item,
    i was thinking, "boy, this is gonna
    be a cinch, because there's so much
    out there."  so i'll be following this
    thread with great interest, because
    i'd like to know a good solution for
    the "interchangeability problem" too.

    meanwhile, here's something you might
    find useful:

      http://rute.sourceforge.net/

    i just got it (from a list, i think,
    maybe even this one) and have gotten
    just a short way into it.  but i think
    it's gonna be good.

    another thought: do a Google.com search,
    perhaps on "linux tutorial"; should
    get you about a ton of stuff.

           vaya con dios on your journey!