Bookmark manager? was Re: [CLUE-Talk] would like to try Linux

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Sep 25 18:43:27 MDT 2002

\_0_/ wrote:

> Which begs a question, for me.  I too have hundreds of bookmarks.
> I keep them somewhat organized in folders in netscape's bookmark menu,
> but it's unwieldy.  I can't ever remember exactly where I keep something,
> so when I need to find something, I usually just grep the html file.
> So, my question is, outside of keeping everything in a database (good
> idea, btw) is anyone using or can recommend a bookmark management
> program?

Well, I'm not sure what use a database is for this.  grepping an html
file seems to work as well, unless you categorize the bookmarks as you
save them (which makes entering them harder and finding them
easier--perhaps).  Does that make managing them easier?  Don't know.

I don't seem to use bookmarks much.  I save frequently used sites that
are hard to type, so there aren't hundreds of them.  Sometimes sites
that are interesting that I don't have time to read at the moment.
There aren't many of those, either--to be interesting I have to remember
what they're about.  The rest, I probably found on google and will find
there again if I need them.

Dave