[CLUE-Talk] Fortune Magazine

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Fri Sep 27 15:47:43 MDT 2002

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Dave Price wrote:

> Just a <snip>
>  Until recently it seemed that the only way to get all that was with
>  specially tuned systems consisting of proprietary hardware and
>  software. Such systems cost more, but corporations willingly paid the
>  price because they had no alternative. Intel-based servers weren't fast
>  enough, and the only operating system written for them, Microsoft
>  Windows, wasn't reliable.
>
>  </snip>
>
>  Read the rest at:
>  http://www.fortune.com/indext.jhtml?channel=print_article.jhtml&doc_id=209583
>
>  aloha (think like a penguin)
>  dave

Good article.

I've been watching the change since I installed Linux for the first time in '98.
Wouldn't it be neat if these skills I've learned would actually be worth
something in the job market.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/
Stats:    3:40pm up 60 days, 17:38, 3 users, load average: 1.06, 1.08, 1.03