[CLUE-Talk] Favorite Wiki? One that can be run on Windoze?

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Thu Apr 3 21:42:07 MST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:10:06PM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm thinking of setting up a Wiki at work, but it has to run on Windoze.
> Also, does anyone know of a central location that links to various wiki
> packages and what their requirements are?

Check out Ward Cunningham's original wiki site:

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiClones
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiEngines

I run Wikit at work, http://wiki.tcl.tk/wikit.  It's written in Tcl/Tk, and
all you need is the wikit.kit file, plus the Tcl runtime all-in-one
distribution Tclkit.  Wikit can serve read-only pages with its built in
httpd server, or use with any other CGI capable web server for full wiki
read/write.  For that, you can use the Tclkit version of tclhttpd if you
don't have a server handy.  Wikit is also cool that it can run in 'local'
mode, e.g. edit pages from your desktop (Windows or Linux) in GUI mode.

Tclkit for Linux, Windows, etc. etc. etc. from
	http://www.equi4.com/pub/tk/8.4.2/
	http://www.equi4.com/tclkit/
Wikit & Tclhttpd from
	http://www.equi4.com/pub/sk/