[CLUE-Talk] news

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Apr 11 22:28:04 MDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:04:08 -0600
Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:

> Some time ago, I asked the list for their personal favorite news feeds.
> I would like to recommend Google's news as the best portal I have seen.
> They have about 4500 news feeds and it's continuously updated and
> grouped.  So, I can read the same story from many different, world wide
> news sources.

Dunno whether I mentioned it back then or not, but I've found that using
an RSS aggregator works very well. There are lots of them, but I'm liking
Amphetadesk.

  http://www.disobey.com/amphetadesk/

Google news has RSS feeds. So does the Christian Science Monitor, BBC,
Slashdot, LWN, Politechbot (via newsisfree, I think), etc., and you can
get AP and UPI feeds too.

There's also newsisfree.com -- they have RSS feeds, or you can create an
account and build your own custom news page.

The thing about using an aggregator is you use what you like. Google news
is cool, but I can do without the sports and entertainment. But I take
their U.S. news RSS feed.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl