[CLUE-Talk] Where to buy laptop parts?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sun Apr 20 21:53:40 MDT 2003

Hi, all--

My wife's laptop hard disk suddenly crapped out the other day, and we
need to find a replacement. I set her up a quick WinNT system on a spare
disk that I had lying around, but at 528MB, it's really a bit small for
long-term usage.

Any recommendations on where to buy? I think we may need to buy used,
partly for financial reasons, but also because the computer is a '98
model and may not be able to handle today's humongous HDs. I checked my
two favorite local 2nd-hand dealers (Cummings & Assoc. and Action
Computer), but neither of them carries laptop parts on a regular basis.
Nor, it seems, do Tiger Direct or MWave on the 'Net.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)