[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Mon Apr 21 20:22:06 MDT 2003

On 04-21 17:59, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> David,
>
> Here's a good counter opinion:
>
> "In fact, the speedy fall of Baghdad proves the antiwar movement was dead
> right. "
>
>  + http://www.salon.com/opinion/huffington/2003/04/16/antiwar/index.html

Well, I can't read the whole article...only the first page. But it seems
like flawed logic to completely overlook all the quagmire oracles that
abounded before Baghdad fell, and then proclaim that the anti-war group was
right all along. The article mentions something about not being able to have
it both ways - very interesting.

So, I suppose the rest of the article artfully dodges the evidence of
terrorist training that was found? Or the al-Qaeda that came and fought the
coalition forces, despite what we were told about Saddam being despised by
al-Qaeda? Or the fact that Saddam *didn't* have the support that we were
told he had?

Forgive me if this article somehow addresses these issues, but knowing what
I do about Salon, I doubt it will.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/