[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Mon Apr 21 22:12:59 MDT 2003

At 07:57 PM 4/21/2003 -0600, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

>I think Zonker did a fine job of summing up why politics matters...and why
>it'd be futile to try to split Linux from politics. The bonus is that the
>discussion here doesn't devolve into the "you're stupid", "no, YOU'RE
>stupid" type of argument.

and that's the important part.  As events evolve, different bits of
evidence will tend to support one argument or another.  If I've already put
someone in my procmail filters because their only argument on behalf of
their position is that anyone who disagrees with them is a $GENERICINSULT,
they lose the ability to defend their position, and by doing so lose the
ability to change my mind, or someone else's.