[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

G. Richard Raab rraab at plusten.com
Tue Apr 22 02:18:47 MDT 2003

On 2003 April 21 Monday 10:17 pm, Matt Gushee wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 09:37:28PM -0600, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> > > Well, I can't read the whole article...only the first page
> >
> > I don't claim that WMD will not be found.  I hope for the sake of our
> > government's credibility that they will be found in Iraq.  If so, then I
> > think it will help some of us believe the Bush administration's claims.
>
> Good God, Jeff, why do you want us to believe the Bush administration?
> So the SOB can get reelected and continue parceling out the remnants of
> our economy and our rights to his corporate cronies?
>
> I suppose an argument could be made that having a credible US
> administration would improve our relations with other countries. But
> really, I don't think we can hope for much on that score. Europe will
> not quickly forget Bush's heavy-handed unilateralism (especially since
> it shows no signs of diminishing). Those who hate us in the Arab/Muslim
> world will not quickly forget that, nor our continuing strong support
> for Israel.
>

> You've made me curious, though: do you sincerely believe that our
> government has ever had substantive evidence of banned weapons in Iraq?
> After all: Colin Powell goes to the UN displaying a bunch of Rohrschach
> photographs and praising Tony Blair's plagiarized dossier; the CIA puts
> out forged documents claiming to show that Iraq tried to buy Uranium
> from Niger; in starting our war, we cut off an active weapons inspection
> program, even though--as I think we agree--there was no imminent danger;
> and once in country, our agents visit site after site, each time
> declaring, "We've got something here! .... Well, maybe .... That is, uh,
> never mind!" Now I ask you: are those the actions of men with a bona
> fide case?

I find it funny that MSS did so much fud/lies (and was called for it) and yet
nobody even calls W.  "ethically challenged" for pushing known bad
documents(except for the rest of the world) and a large number of others
lies.

As to the WMD, that is another one that leaves so much wanting.
 It is quite easy to produce biological weapons. Even though I got my degree
in MB/Genetic engineering, you do not need one.  You can pick up most of the
info about how to do the bulk of biologicals from the web. From there, go to
the libraries (and if not, then go back out to the web and stay to overseas
sites). btw, what was mentioned about weaponizing in CNN/FOX is not accurate
(unless things have radically simplified in 20 years - but I doubt it).

 Clear back in the mid 80's,  the CDC/Darpa/DOD was figureing that most
nations had chemical and/or biological.
Japanese terrorists showed up on subways with some sarine.