[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Tue Apr 22 09:02:31 MDT 2003

On Tuesday, 22 April 2003 at  7:32:23 -0600, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
<clue at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 07:12, Randy Arabie wrote:
>
> > > He might be YOUR president, but he's not mine. I didn't vote for
> > > him, and I still believe that the outcome of the election was
> > > questionable at best.
> > >
> > > I'm not trying to open that can of worms again, but I don't claim
> > > Bush as "my" president.
> >
> > It's fine to be proud you didn't vote for him.  But, Dubya is the
> > President of the United States.  Thus, if you are a citizen of the US,
> > he *is* your president.
>
> He holds the office, but that doesn't mean that I have to recognize
> him as legitimate. And I don't -- I refuse to address him as
> "president" or use the term "president" to describe Bush.

I'm glad the folks in the military, members of congress, and others at
all levels of government apparently have a more mature stance regarding
the 2000 Presidential Election.

Just imagine if half of the US Congress got up and went home because
their guy didn't win.  Or, imagine if half of the US Military didn't
recognize Dubya as the Commander in Chif because they didn't vote for
him.

> And, since you mention it, I am proud that I didn't vote for him.
> Hell, I'm just proud that I actually took the time to vote -- unlike a
> large percentage of the population. I more people had gotten off their
> duffs to head to the polls, there probably wouldn't even be a question
> one way or another if Bush holds the office legitimately.
>
> > If you want to honestly say he isn't your president, you are free to
> > renounce your citizenship.
>
> Thanks for the gracious offer, but I think I'll continue to exercise my
> First Amendment rights instead.
>
> If Bush wins in 2004 without dispute then, grudgingly, I will recognize
> him as "my" president -- until then, he's just the resident as far as
> I'm concerned.

If you truly believe he doesn't legitimately have right to the office,
perhaps you should be doing more to right the injustice...

"When patience has begotten false estimates of its motives, when wrongs
are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance
becomes morality." --Thomas Jefferson to M. deStael, 1807

--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/