[CLUE-Talk] The government wants to ignore you.

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Apr 24 20:07:59 MDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 19:16, Charles Oriez wrote:
> At 08:24 AM 4/24/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>

> >There's an article about this here:
> >http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/5695813.htm
> >
> >Thoughts?
>

> It's not often you get the Sierra Club and the American Conservative Union
> saying the same thing.  I think we should oppose the rule change in any way
> possible.

That's what I'm saying -- it's not about political position, it's about
being able to express your position and be heard.

I may not agree with the NRA, for example, but I don't think that their
members should be ignored because they choose to submit comments via a
Web form or something -- if two million people support or oppose
something, should it really matter if they compose lengthy and original
messages on the subject instead of firing off a postcard or e-mail? It
shouldn't -- the point is they're asking to be heard on an issue.

I definitely plan to write a letter to the local papers on this..not
sure how much good that will do, but it's a start. I wonder if Westword
would be interested in an article on this? Or Wired?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Aim: zonkerjoe
http://www.dissociatedpress.net