[CLUE-Talk] Iraq Stuph

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Thu Apr 24 23:26:56 MDT 2003

David,

Bravo!!  Bull's Eye, er, ops, Splash One (F-15 Fighter jockspeak), er,
um, you hit the nail on the head (PCspeak)!

:-)

Kevin

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 23:20, David Willson wrote:
> I thought Kevin's core argument was pretty obvious, but I'll restate it
> here, for you, and so that Kevin can correct me if I have misunderstood
> him.
>
> There are more sorts of 'threat' than stand-and-fight armies.  One is
> mercenary forces.  Another is guerilla forces.  Another is terrorists.
>
> Kevin might have added, and so I will, that anyone that thought that
> Iraq was going to give us a serious run in the business of all-out war,
> is not a military genius. I don't think that anyone considered their
> standing army as the 'threat'.  If it were, the Salon.com article would
> be absolutely right.
>
> We attacked Saddam for three reasons, as I understand it:
> 1- The man is a homocidal, if not genocidal, sociopath, and many, if not
> most, of the people living under his regime

BTW, it was reported recently that Saddam showed video clips just before
the war started of Eastern Germany's assasinated dictator's body after
he was killed after the uprising.

Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com>