[CLUE-Talk] Einstein quote

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Apr 28 11:57:57 MDT 2003

On 28 Apr 2003 10:52:09 -0600
Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com> wrote:

> Thought this might be of interest to CLUEbies:
>
> Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
> violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in
> the opposite direction. --Albert Einstein

Reminds me of another quote, which I can neither reproduce verbatim, nor
attribute. A thing is "finished" or perhaps "perfected", not when there is
nothing left to be added, but when there is nothing left which can be
removed. Another way of saying that the simplest solution is likely the
best.

I think there are a lot of sofware projects which could benefit from a
dose of this advice.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl