[CLUE-Talk] Rocky Mountain School and linux

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Fri Aug 1 06:40:22 MDT 2003

Our Recycle IT group got a tour of the Rocky Mountain School yesterday
afternoon to see the linux operation in their computer lab.  They're
running an entire technology department, including a 24 machine computer
lab, on a budget lower than one Littleton school has for Microsoft licenses
alone.

When we gear up for press coverage of our program, we will probably want to
use them as a model.

Rita professes to be a linux novice, although she has taken them a heck of
alot further along the road than I could have.  She believes she has a few
odds and ends of issues and opportunities that she needs to get addressed
before there are television cameras and print reporters crawling all over
her facility.

That's where you come in.  Rita has promised in the next few days to
produce her issue list here.  ANYONE on the list who can assist her in
closing those issues is urged to do so.  This is going to be our showcase
linux installation, already functional in a Denver Public School.  The
opportunities should be obvious.

Charles Oriez      coriez at oriez.org 39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
that they start making vacuum cleaners.
--Doc in alt.privacy