[CLUE-Talk] Cringley on 'outsourcing' IT jobs to India

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Aug 8 00:42:21 MDT 2003

Hadn't exactly thought of it like this:

"If a U.S. employer said out loud, "Gosh, we have a lot of 50-something
engineers who are going to kill us with their retirement benefits so we'd
better get rid of a few thousand," they would be violating a long list of
labor and civil rights laws. But if they say, "Our cost of doing business in
the U.S. is too high, so we'll be moving a few thousand jobs to India,"
that's just fine -- even though it means exactly the same thing. "

Bobby goes on to discuss how moving jobs to IT won't solve the real problems -
'my head count is bigger than yours'.

I agree:

+ http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20030807.html

--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."