[CLUE-Talk] Something familiar

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Fri Aug 8 22:35:35 MDT 2003

You know, I was thinking about the SCO thing tonight, and a few things
dawned on me...

First, I was thinking about the asshats behind the suit -- namely, Darl
McBride. I was thinking about just the absurdity of the name... Darl
McBride, then it hit me -- sounds like the heavy from an old John Wayne
movie. Then, I got to thinking about the suit itself, and all the drama
surrounding it... it *is* just like an old John Wayne movie.

Think about it:

1st act: Scene-setting: Our hero rides into town. Starts doing good
deeds that somehow threaten the town bosses' plans for world (well,
town) domination.

2nd act: Conflict: Boss sics his right-hand heavy (this would be Darl)
on our hero. Darl manages to frame our hero. Things look grim for the
hero, even town opinion starts to turn against him. Then, something
throws a monkey wrench into the plan. The sidekick busts our hero out of
the pokey and they go off after Darl and the boys who are busy
terrorizing the townfolk and generally wreaking havok. Our hero (that'd
be Tux, I suppose... John Wayne as Tux, now there's a funny thought...)
handily guns down Darl and his posse. Next, he goes after the big boss.

3rd act: Denouement: Suddenly, the dimwitted townsfolk realize what's
really been going on. Final epic struggle against Mr. Gates and his full
crew. Lots of fighting and carrying on. Finally, after Mr. Gates does
something really nasty, like taking our hero's best girl hostage, the
standoff -- in the end, Gates gets it between the eyes. Everyone else
lives happily ever after.

Or maybe I've just been watching too many old John Wayne movies.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net