[CLUE-Talk] Microsoft runs linux

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Mon Aug 18 10:45:48 MDT 2003

An outfit called netcraft has a tool that tells you what any site is
running on their web server.  Check out what OS Microsoft is running their
web server on :-)

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.microsoft.com

Guess they have the same reliability issues the rest of us do

This outfit is my source when I tell people that Apache has IIS beat when
it comes to installed base numbers. They run monthly analysis based on an
extremely high number of web hosts.  Last I looked they put Apache's
installed base somewhere around 70% and IIS somewhere around 20%.

Charles Oriez   coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read".
    -- Marx