[CLUE-Talk] Mad SCO disease

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Fri Aug 22 17:06:33 MDT 2003

At 10:43 PM 8/22/2003 +0000, Dennis J Perkins wrote:

>Someone finally gave a name to SCO's behavior.
>They also said the body must be burned to prevent the spread of the
>disease.

My favorite is this one:

http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/linux/story/0,10801,84271,00.html

"Ronald Edge, manager of information systems for Indiana
University's Intercollegiate Athletics Department in Bloomington,
said the SCO lawsuit and legal battles have left him unwilling to
review the company's latest wares. Besides, he said, SCO's dearth
of Unix development and products over the past couple of years
makes it difficult to trust the company's new road map.

"Because of this lawsuit, I would never have anything to do with
them as vendors," he said. "I feel a harsh, bitter Norwegian cold
equivalent to hell toward SCO."

I know Ronald Edge.  He's a nice, shy, retiring type who enjoys going for
the jugular.  Guess he got tired of ranting about spammers, which are his
favorite targets these days.

Charles Oriez   coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read".
    -- Marx