[CLUE-Talk] How the fsck did Microsoft manage to do this? (SBS won't install after 24 Nov 03)

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 5 07:35:03 MST 2003

Apparently through a date/time glich on some .dll files, MS Small
Business Server will not install after 24 Nov 03.

The solution according to the wizards at Redmond? Reset the system date
to somewhere between May 24 - Nov 23 before installation. A fix is
expected in a week....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/techinfo/sharepointinstall.mspx

But you will be glad to know that

"Microsoft continues to receive positive customer feedback regarding
both Windows SharePoint Services and Windows Small Business Server 2003.
We remain confident in the quality of both products and are committed to
resolving this issue as quickly as possible."

<rant on>
I simply don't know what to say about this, as I am laughing so hard,
other than this has got to be the all-time classic fsck-up from MS.
<rant off>

BOF

I was a linux user, so I know the kinds of pressures that you succumb to.
You wind up using crack to check the security of your system. And to detect
intrusions, you snort.... It only gets worse from there. --- from the
Internet