[CLUE-Talk] More lies? [Fwd: Iraq - 9/11 connection]

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Dec 15 22:58:57 MST 2003

* Sean LeBlanc (seanleblanc at americanisp.net) wrote:
> On 12-15 14:28, Randy Arabie wrote:

I tried really hard to ignore this flame-bait, but ultimately I could
not resist.

> Aw, c'mon Randy. Of COURSE it's all lies. This administration is a bunch of
> liars incapable of telling the truth[0]. Al Franken, Michael Moore and other
> hecklecrats told me so.
>
> Since you broached the subject....it's been a while since we've had one of
> those threads on here:
>
> I tell you, I just don't see much but the crumbling of the Democratic party.
> Good news like Saddam getting captured comes down the pike, and the
> Democratic spin machine starts revving up to tell us why it's only symbolic,
> or if we had formed a broader coalition it would have happened sooner, or
> that the timing of the capture was all staged to benefit Bush.

That is the nature of political spin. Annoying?  Hell yeah.  A
Democratic uniqueness?  Not a snowball's chance in hell.   The annoying
"yeah buts" are matched by equally annoying "Neener Neener Neeners!"
Intelligent discourse on all sides.

> The only Democratic soundbite I've heard today that sounded somewhat
> reasonable was one from Lieberman. The Dems better find a lot more like him,
> I tell ya.  When they aren't telling people they are going to tax them more,
> some of them are pitching ridiculous conspiracy theories like "Bush knew"
> about 9/11[1]. The fact that this is their current great hope (until he
> falls on his sword and Hillary steps in, anyway[2]) is really shameful.

Nice try.  Dean himself says he does not belief "Bush knew."  Even the
impeccable NewsMax says that.  His point is that the 9/11 committee
should not have been hobbled -- in which case these wacky conspiracy
theories would not have an ability to exist.

As for the Democrats being more like Lieberman, you might as well ask
them to be more like DeLay, while your at it.  You like Lieberman
because for whatever inane reasons, he talks like a Republican.  The
Democrats are an *opposition* party, the are supposed to say things the
average Republican will disagree with.

> It's amusing to watch the hand-wringing in the "conservative" mainstream
> media, too. I was watching 9news for the weather updates this morning while
> I got ready. Then the Today show comes on with Katie Couric. I don't think I
> ever saw her looking so dour and angry as today. Since I had a nearly 2 hour
> drive in today's snow and ice, I got to hear Laura Ingraham commenting on it
> as well as playing some clips of Katie.  Anyone else catch Katie?  Oh, and
> O'Reilly also happened to be on promoting his book.

Are you serious?  Katie Couric looked liked she was in a bad mood, and
this supports ... what the hell was your point here?

> What I found MOST amusing was old Ozone Al himself using the quagmire word
> just last week, IIRC. Ooops! This just kicked another plank out from their
> platform - which seems to be built on bad things happening: Not finding OBL,
> not finding Saddam, having a bad economy, having a quagmire. Well, looks
> like the Dems had better come up with something positive, because the
> heckling isn't going to do it.

Funny, your so jumpy about this Democratic criticism, but you can't
resist but to call him Ozone Al, or those that have the audacity to
disagree 'hecklecrats'. Pardon me if I write you off as a blind partisan.

Oh, and when you look into your crystal ball, it tells you that Saddam's
capture has suddenly made everything in Iraq peachy? Cool, I don't have
one of those. Perhaps my cousin won't have to be deployed to Iraq, now.
Of course, if he does end up there, I'm going to want my money back, as
your crystal ball was faulty.

And your Hillary jab I assume is equally valid for Beauprez, too then,
right? He went to Iraq. I even got the shiny leaflet in the mail from
him, trumpeting all the good things he saw, turning his trip into
nothing but a nice little PR stunt for the voters at home.

Tim