[CLUE-Talk] More lies? [Fwd: Iraq - 9/11 connection]

Srbraukhof at aol.com Srbraukhof at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 17:11:32 MST 2003

IMHO partisan extremism has been caused by 3 factors:
1.) Two hundred years of in-breeding among the "social and cultural elite".
Politicians have appeared to have become extremely paranoid and suspicious as well as intellectually and morally challenged... recent revelations in Strom Thurmond's life come to mind.
2.) We as Americans allowed politics to become a full time profession.
In the beginning legislators were still farmers and such for the most part.  I believe tobacco paid better than a seat in Congress back then, didn't it?
3.) Voter apathy.
Somewhere along the way our 'representatives' decided that their jobs were not to 'represent' the consensus of their constituents, but to use their office to further their own political agenda.  We as voters let them.  In my many years of voting, I have never seen the politically correct and legal elite overturn the results of an election or referendum like they have over the past 12 years.  We say "This is what we want.", and they say we're wrong and don't know any better.  I'm a bit more than offended when these people start calling us, who they supposedly work FOR naive and stupid.