[CLUE-Talk] Where your job went...

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Thu Jan 16 18:35:36 MST 2003

On Monday 23 December 2002 05:56 pm, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> A few weeks ago, on clue-talk, we debated the future
> prospects of IT workers in the U.S.  Some folks
> suggested that jobs will be outsourced to other 'less
> expensive' countries such as India.

Here's an article that talks about the India angle.  Currently 40% cheaper
than IT labor in US.  Of course, I believe this is a short-term solution -
few decades - until Indian labor wants / demands / deserves more $ and then
what?  Brazil?  China?

 + http://pf.fastcompany.com/online/67/newface.html

It made me wonder if USA will become United Kingdom of 21st Century.

UK - Dominant in 1800s
US - Dominant in 1900s
India - Dominant in 2000s?

Jeff