[CLUE-Talk] Going to war, how much to pay people

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Tue Jan 28 22:23:01 MST 2003

Hey folks,

After hearing President Bush's speech tonight, I thought that I might
enlighten some of you who may not know how much the enlisted folks make
to put their life on the line for us.

Take a look at this URL to get an idea:

http://militarypay.dtic.mil/pay/bp/paytables/Jan2002.html

While the enlisted folks meals, medical, clothing and equipment may be
paid for, would you like to live on this income?  Most volunteer for
this!!!!

Having spent a half my life in the military, I can attest that sometimes
you work 12 - 18 hours a day with the potential of someone firing on
your butt earning this pay.

In fact, I recently interviewed for a job and the interviewer saw my
military ID and said he didn't want to hire someone that yells and
screams at people.  Well, would you then go hug your enemy while he's
coming at you with a knife and rifle?  Sheesh.......

Just some thoughts.

Kevin

--
Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com>