[CLUE-Talk] Going to war, how much to pay people

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Thu Jan 30 22:12:32 MST 2003

On Thursday, 30 January 2003 at 18:01:15 -0700, Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 10:57:01PM -0700, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> > Yep, couldn't agree more!!  However, what we learned with WWII is that
> > we let Hitler get too far and it became too costly to stop him after he
> > got started.  If we had intervened a little sooner, not so many troops
> > would have had to put their lives on the line.
>
> ... implying that Saddam Hussein's Iraq poses a threat comparable to
> Nazi Germany? Okay, Mr. History Major, I'd like to see a good argument
> for this position (careful: I was a history major too).
>
> Standard Disclaimer: I am not questioning that Saddam Hussein is a
> brutal, evil-minded dictator, only his ability to cause harm to us and
> our allies.

Since Saddam Hussein hasn't shown any evidence to indicate that he has
disarmed (per the UN Resolutions), then he must still have the tons of
chem. & bio weapons he was documented to have post-Gulf War.

That's enough proof for me to believe he most definately has the ability to
cause harm to us and our allies.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy