[CLUE-Talk] Media's Iraq casualties put into perspective

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Jul 2 22:10:40 MDT 2003

* Kevin Cullis (kevincu at orci.com) wrote:
> Thought you all would like to hear an anti-media perspective of the
> goings on in Iraq:
>
> An excerpt from the op-ed in the July 1 New York Post by Ralph
> Peter, identified as "a retired Army officer and the author, most
> recently, of Beyond Terror: Strategy in a Changing World":

Thanks for the story, Kevin.

While the media can get carried away with the doom and gloom, this guy's
picture of Iraq is *way* too rosy from what I have read.  There are
real problems in the reconstruction.  Can we solve them?  Yeah.  Is it a
'quagmire?' No.  But this guy's attitude is a wee bit dismissive, it
seems to me.

Tim