[CLUE-Talk] The prism of our experience

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Thu Jul 10 16:13:01 MDT 2003

On Thursday, 10 July 2003 at 13:04:24 -0600, Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:

> Finally, notice that several of the conflicts you cited, specifically Korea
> and Vietname (and now Iraq) never had a good result -- they dragged on for
> years (even decades).  OTH-those wars that had a declaration, such as WW2 had
> a clear endpoint.

Less than 3-months after the "end of major combat
operations" and you've already decided that Iraq has "never
had a good result".  Hmmph.

By the way, what was the clear endpoint of WWII?  The
Marshall Plan took years, right?  And numerous European
nations basked under the umbrella of US security for
decades.  We are only now, in the last decade, closing bases
in Germany and Italy.
--

Allons Rouler!

Randy