[CLUE-Talk] dial-up ISP?

Ski Dawg skidawg at smcorwine.com
Thu Jul 10 21:57:53 MDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 18:34, Evan Widger wrote:
> Anyone know of a inexpensive, reliable, linux/windowsICS friendly ISP
> that has local numbers in Aurora? (720 area code, specifically) My
> current financial situation precludes me from getting the comcast HSI
> i desire. $15-$20 a month is acceptable as long as service is reliable
> and doesn't kick me off every 20 minutes.
>
> Thanks,
>     Evan

I used TotalSpeed.net for almost 2 years before high speed became
available to me. I have had a great experience with them. They are a
local company with local numbers all over the Denver Metro area (and
many numbers across the state and the nation). They have a number in
Aurora that is 303, but as someone else mentioned, that is not long
distance in the Metro area. They are $11.95 per month and the first
month is free with with new signup's (according to their web site).

There connections were very reliable. I would maintain almost a 24x7
connection with them. They would only auto kick me off every 8 hours and
I was immediately able to reconnect. So I guess that would make
connection time 23 hours 57 minutes x 7 days.

I never had problems connecting to them (can't remember one busy signal)
and always had a good connection speeds. I was able to connect many
different boxes to them running a many different versions of Linux and
Windows.

HTH,
--
Doug