[CLUE-Talk] Working w/ laptop outdoors?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sat Jul 12 16:31:15 MDT 2003

Hi, all--

I'd like some suggestions on this situation:

My wife is working three days a week now, and I am taking care of our
(three-year-old) son those days. But he needs more play time, and I need
more work time--which mostly means doing something on a computer. What I
would like to do is to take the little monster, and my laptop, to the
park, let him loose in the playground, and sit down and do some work.
He'll have a great time, get plenty of exercise, and stay out of my hair
for a while. So everybody will be happy.

The problem with that is that the sun is so bright that, even sitting
under trees, I can barely see the screen. So what I'd like is some kind
of sunshade or other device that will help make the screen more visible
... that way we can go anywhere. Have you heard of such a thing? Or,
failing that, does anyone know of a park where there is a really good
patch of shade with a good view of the playground?

Many thanks!

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.