[CLUE-Talk] PDF: Unfit for Human Consumption

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Tue Jul 15 14:11:31 MDT 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 12:48 pm, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:38:42 -0600

> Uh, not quite. I'd guess if you're running Acrobat reader, then yes.

Yes, I meant 'in Acrobat'.  It works in Acrobat because Adobe made sure it
does.  Any other readers are unfortunately at the disadvantage of incomplete
knowledge about Acrobat and how it renders.

This is why PDFs (displayed in Acrobat) are a stupid idea from a technical
perspective but a great solution to the *business* goal of displaying a
digital document in a 100% consistent fashion, regardless of the platform.

Jeff

--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."