[CLUE-Talk] PDF: Unfit for Human Consumption

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Thu Jul 17 08:10:27 MDT 2003

On Wednesday, 16 July 2003 at 18:19:44 -0600, Matt Gushee <matt at gushee.net> wrote:

<---SNIP--->

> And it's not 'technophilic' to argue for usability. The issue is what
> makes a Web site appealing or unappealing, memorable or forgettable,
> usable or not, *to the user.*

<---SNIP--->

This was precisely the point of the website that this
discussion was started about.  The site reported the
findings of a study of "users" (I don't know if they were
just everyday users or techies) and PDF on the web.

The findings indicated that PDF does not improve or
contribute to usability when the same information could
easily be presented in HTML format.

--

Allons Rouler!

Randy