[CLUE-Talk] More on the Oil and Iraq connection...

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Fri Jul 18 09:14:31 MDT 2003

Those who are politically-averse might want to avoid this thread...
(also posted on my blog for anyone who'd prefer to take the discussion
there...

Judicial Watch has obtained some documents through the Freedom of
Information Act (FOIA) from Dick Cheney's Energy Task Force (this
pre-dates 9/11 and the public build-up for invading Iraq) detailing
Iraqi oilfields, pipelines, refineries and "Foreign Suitors for Iraqi
Oilfield Contracts."

http://www.judicialwatch.org/071703.b_PR.shtml

But, of course, we invaded Iraq because of the immense (yeah right)
threat posed by Saddam's open (prior to the invasion, according to the
Bushies) WMDs (impossible to find after the invasion...).

Oh, before any one screams liberal bias -- Judicial Watch is one of the
groups that went after Clinton hard and heavy, stating "I take it to
heart when I see the government not telling the truth, not doing the
right thing and covering up." (Founder, Larry Klayman) They collaborated
with the Sierra Club to obtain the documents through FOIA -- but I don't
see much liberal bias floating from Judicial Watch. Actually, Judicial
Watch has harangued a number of political figures on both sides of the
spectrum. (Good for them!)

For those who choose not to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the
overwhelming evidence -- it's becoming even more obvious that the Bush
administration had long decided to invade Iraq before 9/11 even
happened, and regardless of the eventual outcome for the Iraqi people,
their motives were not good.

Damn near every bit of so-called evidence presented by the
administration of WMDs has been debunked or found to be unverifiable.

To date, the administration has not turned up any WMD or any evidence
that Iraq was a threat to the United States -- excepting the soldiers
who are stuck over there now like targets in a shooting gallery trying
to keep some semblance of peace without any clear plan from the Bush
administration for rebuilding the country -- excepting, of course,
finding ways to rebuild its oil infrastructure.

Anyone who supported the whole Clinton impeachment debacle should be
yelling for Dubya's head on a platter by now. If lying about "sexual
relations" (is that delicate enough to keep a PG rating?) is enough to
merit impeachment, surely lying about the rationale for invading another
country should meet the standard for impeachment.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net