[CLUE-Talk] "Liberal" media?

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Fri Jul 18 09:51:54 MDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 05:24, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> In some ways the media is seen as "liberal" because it can skew to the
> left on social issues like gay rights, abortion and a number of other
> hot-button social issues.
>
> I see a corporate bias as being a conservative thing, although maybe
> it's time to shift the discussion to the class/corporate issues that
> people seem to be afraid to discuss. There's a definite class struggle
> going on in this country, though damned if any of the media outside the
> far-left fringe will talk about it.

Yep, there is, and most of my Republican friends says it's the "media
bias" that is causing this gap.  RIIIGGHHHTTTTT!!!!

I saw Frontline this week and they had a excellent program on called "A
Dangerous Business"  It tells the story of McWane, Inc and toward the
end contrasts it with ACIPCO.  Read the story here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/workplace/

Read the story transcipts here, especially toward the end about ACIPCO:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/workplace/etc/script.html

Talk about a GREAT company to work for!!  Read Jim Collins books "Built
to Last" and "Good to Great" to find out there are good companies to
work for, just not that many.

Kevin