[CLUE-Talk] "Liberal" media?

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Fri Jul 18 12:18:31 MDT 2003

* Kevin Cullis (kevincu at orci.com) wrote:
> Thought this might be of interest to some of you. Not to start another
> flame war, but interestting numbers.

You know the one place where I regularly see something that might be
called bias?  Photo choice.

Take this story on Mayor Hickenlooper:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~1518620,00.html

It is a reasonable story, seems balanced and fair.  But why the heck did
they choose *that* picture?

I see this quite regulary with GWB, a completely normal, or even
adulating, story, yet a bizzare, silly, or even maniacal looking
picture. I think photo editors have a penchant for picking pictures of
politicians looking their worst.  What's up with that?

Tim