[CLUE-Talk] Copyright: Golan vs. Ashcroft

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Jul 19 19:18:15 MDT 2003

Well, I had no idea, but there's a challenge to CTEA going on right here
in Colorado. It's Golan vs. Ashcroft. I just heard about this today, but
it's been on hold for a while, pending the outcome of Eldred vs. Ashcroft
-- which as you all know, went to the Supremes, with Eldred, et. al.
losing.

  http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/archives/2003_01.shtml#000879

Well, according to Google, it isn't getting much attention.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Golan+vs.+Ashcroft%22&sa=++Google+Search++&lr=lang_en

What got me onto this was an interview with Larry Lessig over at GrepLaw:

  http://grep.law.harvard.edu/article.pl?sid=03/07/17/181226

Sez Larry: "The first Eldred case is over. We have a second continuing in
Colorado, and expect to be announcing a third in the fall. This litigation
will not end until the Court gets it right."

jed