[CLUE-Talk] Copyright of SCO source code

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Mon Jul 21 21:20:14 MDT 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 19:06, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> If my understanding of copyright law is correct, copyrighting the source
> code means that there is a copy at the copyright office.

You don't have to file a copy to own a copyright.  Anything that you create
origionally and put the (c) symbol on it with your name constitutes
'copyrighting it'.  Folks will register a copyright to help them establish
their true ownership.

A trade mark (tm) or service mark (sm) must be registered in order to be valid
and you cannot legally use the (tm) mark unless you have filed it with the
Feds.

Jeff

--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."