[CLUE-Talk] SCO providing Linux licenses

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Tue Jul 22 06:37:11 MDT 2003

At first I thought they were releasing Linux again.  Now I'm not sure.  It
looks like they are releasing a version of Unix that can run Linux binaries
natively.  How much Linux code was taken to do this?  The API's are probably
often similar, but the actual binary interface is different.

If they are releasing Caldera Linux without the source, then they are violating
the GNU tools, X, GNOME, etc.

I don't know if you can say it is a bold move to do this before a court has
ruled in SCO's favor.  It is certainly risky, because SCO can probably be
considered to be violating the GPL in the meantime.