[CLUE-Talk] SCO providing Linux licenses

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Tue Jul 22 06:44:08 MDT 2003

I wondered about the defamation angle when some of SCO's employees got involved
in the group protesting SCO's actions.  They carried signs claiming that Linus
and others don't honor IP, etc.  Could these be construed as defamation of
character?  Onlookers might not have been able to tell the two groups apart.

What would happen if they could get the GPL declared invalid?  I don't think
it's likely, not without jeopardizing all shrink-wrap licenses.  GPLed code
would not become public domain that anyone could steal, since the copyright
would not be affected.