[CLUE-Talk] SCO providing Linux licenses

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Tue Jul 22 13:32:13 MDT 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 07:48, Jef Barnhart wrote:
> With the release of 7.1.2(?) they had the "Linux personality" or some
> such as that.

When I was unfortunate enough to work in a SCO shop for 16 months in 1997-98,
there already was a binary emulation layer for Linux that one could use to
run SCO binaries.  Before Oracle ported to Linux, some other poor soul used
this layer to run SCO Oracle binaries on Linux.

I cannot remember the package, but I recall that Slackware shipped it for a
number of years (maybe still does - AFAIK).

Jeff
--
"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."