[CLUE-Talk] interesting home business article - from slashdot

Evan Widger PsychoI3oy at linkline.com
Sat Jul 26 02:38:19 MDT 2003

depending on your defenition of code. i'm easily adaptable and have learned
the basics of many languages. once i get into something in one language i'm
usually pretty good at it but i have only taken basic programming courses in
C/C++ (remember the structure, couldn't write helo world from scratch
without at least one warning at this point, could get back into it though
never learned proper C++ oop), Java/oop (should have just been called 'oops'
cause that class was a mess, learning java from a perl guy 3 years ago was
not a good idea, i have since sworn off java for a long time), Perl (which
i'm ok at but not a wizard but could get back into very easily and with the
pile of books around should be able to hack stuff together), JavaScript (by
no means a real programming language but very handy for webpages), and have
taught myself some PHP form books and the net, along with MySQL which at
this point i'm really good at installing but haven't had much chance to
actually use it, though i took a class in SQL.

the main problem with my programming knowledge is that it's all from books
and little from real life. conversly all my computer OS and hardware
knowledge is all from real life with no degrees or certificates to back me
up. i'd be happy to take a look at whatever you're doing and help if i can
but i must admit i'm not as good as most people, conversly i underestimate
my own abilities sometimes, too.

the spam guard software sounds alot like spamgourmet (www.spamgourmet.com)
which creates email addresses with unique IDs in them and numbers telling
how many emails to get form that recipient. it forwards them to a real
account and after the address has been used up however many times, it eats
the rest. your program sounds more like something people/businesses could
impliment on their own, though. i'll be happy to look at what you have for
the stuff you're doing, though i can't promise anything i'll enjoy the
learning experience if nothing else.

- Evan Widger
   PsychoI3oy at linkline.com