[CLUE-Talk] interesting home business article - from slashdot

Evan Widger PsychoI3oy at linkline.com
Sat Jul 26 03:27:06 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "G. Richard Raab" <rraab at plusten.com>
To: <clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us>
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 3:13 AM
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Talk] interesting home business article - from slashdot

> On Saturday 26 July 2003 02:38 am, Evan Widger wrote:

> > the main problem with my programming knowledge is that it's all from
books
> > and little from real life. conversly all my computer OS and hardware
> > knowledge is all from real life with no degrees or certificates to back
me
> > up. i'd be happy to take a look at whatever you're doing and help if i
can
> > but i must admit i'm not as good as most people, conversly i
underestimate
> > my own abilities sometimes, too.
>
> you gotta practice. If you can get a job, great. If not, then do OSS.

that reminds me to update my account on sourceforge, thanks.

> wow. cool stuff.I did not know about it. It is very similar. Thanx
>
> The only real difference is that they are doing turn based where I am time
> based. Also, this is designed to run on small business or at home. I am an
> avid believer that all homes should have a small server which handles your
> blogs, family webserver, pix, e-mail, etc.
> Several other difference;

i wish i had enough parts to set up my old celeron500 system as a small
server box. i also wish i had broadband so i had something to serve but
that's a different story. as for the spam guard, it sounds like a good way
to filter out crap, probably the best yet, as my ISP's spam guard catches
maybe 4 out of 5 spams sent to me (which i must say is pretty good, my
hotmail account which i have never signed up for anything with, never sent
email to anyone with, nor ever used as a place to recieve email, gets abotu
10 spams a day in the inbox and another 15 in the junk mail filter) but this
is something that would catch em all, if not most of them. looks cool!

- Evan Widger
   PsychoI3oy at linkline.com

---