[CLUE-Talk] Author, Consumer, and Computer Owner Protectionand Security (ACCOPS) Act of 2003

Steve Fry cluelist at ir3w.com
Sun Jul 27 12:31:48 MDT 2003

Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> So this bill, if enacted, will criminalize about 1/5 of our population?

So?  I heard on the radio yesterday that the United States is now the
world leader in incarcerating our citizens.  This applies to both actual
numbers and per-capita.  Why not jail all file-sharers to secure our
lead for years to come?

GO U.S.!  We're Number One!!!

[I hope you detected the obvious sarcasm above.]

Steve

> Jeffery Cann wrote:
>
> >Please consider contacting your Representatives on this matter.
> >Jeff
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >MembersMembers of the U.S. Congress July 17 introduced the Author, Consumer,
> >and Computer Owner Protection and Security (ACCOPS) Act of 2003, targeting
> >for criminal prosecution the 60 million Americans engaged in Internet file
> >sharing of music and movies.
> >
> >The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) criticized the measure as an
> >overbroad and misguided attack on peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing
> >technology. of the U.S. Congress July 17 introduced the Author, Consumer,
> >and Computer Owner Protection and Security (ACCOPS) Act of 2003, targeting
> >for criminal prosecution the 60 million Americans engaged in Internet file
> >sharing of music and movies.
> >
> >The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) criticized the measure as an
> >overbroad and misguided attack on peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing
> >technology.
> >
> >EFFs advisory:
> ><http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/20030717_eff_pr.php>
> >
> >Author, Consumer, and Computer Owner Protection and Security (ACCOPS)
> >Act of 2003:
> ><http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/20030716_conyer-berman.php>

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW