[CLUE-Talk] interesting home business article - from slashdot

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Mon Jul 28 14:41:30 MDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 02:01:51AM -0600, G. Richard Raab wrote:

> BTW, training is another area that you can go into, but it is hard to break
> into. But if you write your own material and approach the right ppl, and
> offer the right price, it is doable.

Interesting. Before I became human sewage, I was a developer for just a
while. But in between *that* and being an English teacher, I was a
technical trainer for a while. Wouldn't mind getting back into that at
all, but I know a few out-of-work trainers, and they all say the market
is dead ... well, obviously it's dead for them, but they seem to be both
accomplished and well-connected people, so I would expect them to have
knowledge of, and a good shot at, whatever opportunities are out there.

So who needs what kinds of training these days, do you think?

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)