[CLUE-Talk] SCO!

Srbraukhof at aol.com Srbraukhof at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 09:51:05 MDT 2003

In a message dated 6/11/03 9:43:25 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
rraab at plusten.com writes:

> To be precise, Xenix was the first and it was developed by MS (later sold
> SCO); it first ran on the 80286 (IIRC, it did not run on 8088), but even the
>
> 286 was a broken chip.

I beg to differ.  Xenix was originally written by MS for Tandy (yes Radio
Shack) for their Motorola based product, the 6000. The problem the 6800 chips had
at the time was theit inability to communicate with hardware so a Z80 was
used for the overhead.  SCO was running on IBM PC/XT and clones in 1983.  I know
because I was selling and supporting both at the time.
Scott R. Braukhoff
(303) 979-3693
(303) 921-6715