[CLUE-Talk] MS SQL Server licensing issues

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Jun 12 19:04:13 MDT 2003

Last week at the cert meeting, someone (Dennis? Jef?) mentioned that
Microsoft had an issue with licensing, and that people who currently run MS
SQL Server could be in trouble, and of course MS has not notified people of
this potential problem. Can anyone provide a link? I'd like to have this bit
of info at my disposal whenever the "Microsoft is great, so why don't you
just roll over and enjoy using their crapware" discussions come up...

I thought I remember some hoopla about this in the spring of 2002, but maybe
that was an entirely different issue.

Thanks,
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to
talk, mad to be saved... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing,
but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like
spiders across the stars.
-Jack Kerouac