[CLUE-Talk] MS SQL Server licensing issues

Mike Miller mmiller1106 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 12 19:45:31 MDT 2003

There's also an issue with Enterprise Agreement licensing (used to
simplify software purchases for lots of licenses).

In Version 5, if you bought an EA CAL (Client Access License, Typically
$250 or so for a collection of microsoft products), it included an
access license for SQL.

In Version 6, it doesn't. So if someone blindly just upgrades to V6
without reading the fine print, they may be in violation as they won't
HAVE a CAL for SQL included..