[CLUE-Talk] SCO vs the computer industry

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Mon Jun 16 21:47:13 MDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 20:39, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> Interesting interview.  Now I know where the Iraqi propaganda minister went.
>
> http://www.byte.com/documents/s=8276/byt1055784622054/0616_marshall.html
>

> I find it interesting that SCO thinks it can claim ownership of a work
> by calling it derivative, even if the programmers involved never signed
> a license

At this point, they seem to have declared an intention to sue, well,
basically anyone and everyone in the computing industry that hasn't
already coughed up extra-special licensing fees with SCO...

Should be interesting to see what happens to SCO after being dogpiled by
the lawyers of IBM, Microsoft and the rest of the industry. Something
tells me Darl won't work in this industry again...

> with ATT.  I don't know if Novell or SCO ever offered licenses similar
> to ATT's.  Apparently they think they can get ownership IBM?  And now
> they say BSD didn't abide by the settlement, even though the judge ruled
> they did?  Oh, and now Linux is a terrorist tool?

That one really got me... They're really reaching for anything they can
think of to smear Linux.

> Someone must have read Hitler's comment that people are more likely to
> believe a big lie.

One might say that they're just taking cues from the White House.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net